- A Palm Sunday Rite II Service will be celebrated by Fr. John. It will be posted on our new YouTube Channel* by 10AM Sunday morning. Joel Alarcon will play the violin during the worship service. We will send out a bulletin link that morning so you can follow along.
- Monday Evening Prayer with Fr. John posted by 7PM
- Wednesday Vespers with Carol Weisel and Linda Gibeck posted by 7PM.
- Good Friday Service with Fr. John posted by Noon. Joel will participate.
- On Good Friday, we will have Drive thru Stations of the Cross! Walk or Drive through our churchyard and pray at the 14 Stations. We will send out prayers during the week to help with your meditation.
- Easter Sunday, Rite II Service celebrated by Fr. John and posted by 10:00AM Easter Sunday. Joel will participate.
We encourage you to put a green branch on the front door of your house or window this Palm Sunday, April 5th!
It doesn’t need to be a palm–any green branch will do. This symbol will help connect us as we enter the holiest of weeks.
We may be physically isolated, but not separated. We are united as the members of the body of Christ. We are the Church.
A. It’s a video sharing service where we can watch, like, share, comment and upload our own videos. We can watch these videos on home computers, tablets and via smart phones.
Q. Why did you create a St. Mary Anne’s Episcopal Church YouTube Channel?
A. So you won’t miss worship services during this time of social distancing. This Holy Week, Father John will record and post videos of our Palm Sunday Service, Monday Evening Prayer, Wednesday Vespers, Good Friday Service, and our Easter Morning Service on our new YouTube channel. He already posted a few Morning Prayer services on the channel, and also a 2018 Christmas Eve performance by Joel and Alex.
Q. So what do I have to do?
A. It’s easy! Just click here, and it will bring you to the channel. Hit the red “subscribe” button so the channel will be listed as one of your favorites. Then, click on the videos you want to watch. If you can, “like” the video by clicking on the “thumbs up” icon. You can also post comments.
Q. How will I know when you post a new video?
A. We will send you an announcement and a link when we post a new video!
Q. Does the video go away after you watch it?
A. No. You can watch it multiple times, and we encourage you to share the link with others.
Q. How many 314 year old church parishes have their own YouTube Channel?
A. We suspect, not too many!
Here’s a children’s activity handout from Virginia Theological Seminary:
I’ve received some inquiries as to the best way to donate and/or make pledge payments to St. Mary Anne’s during this time of “staying home”. We appreciate your concern and assistance in helping us keep the payroll and our expenses current.
- We can accept checks by mail. Father John is picking up the mail daily and putting it in the office. One day per week, we will process the incoming checks and deposit them in the bank thru the drive-in window.
- You can utilize our web page (https://stmaryanne.org). Click the “Give Today” button on the homepage. At the bottom on the left side of the next page – click on DONATE. Enter the amount of your donation and choose either “Donate with Paypal” or “Donate with debit or credit card”. On the next page is a space you can note a specific allocation instruction (pledge, outreach, Easter, discretionary account, etc).
- You can utilize your bank’s on-line bill pay. Contact your bank for specific instructions as this varies somewhat from bank to bank.
- Please give me a call 410-398-0895 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like additional information.
Andrea Pugh, Treasurer