St. Mary Anne’s is located at the corner of Church Point Road and Main Street in the town of North East, Maryland. Entirely situated on the picturesque banks of the North East River, the grounds consist of the church, rectory, parish center, vestry house, churchyard, wharf, and sexton’s house.
St. Mary Anne’s historic church building is located within the hallowed churchyard grounds that contain headstones and monuments which attest to its age, making it one of the oldest in the state.
The church and churchyard are surrounded by a stone wall, sections of which were constructed at various times throughout the 300 year history of the parish.
The interior of the church has a traditional arched ceiling with pulpit, altar, tabernacle and rail in the forefront. Our worship music is enhanced by a 2 mantle 6-rank Moller pipe organ as well as a Yamaha piano. Pews line a single center aisle and seat approximately 120 persons. The small balcony area provides additional limited seating around the organ pipes.
Across a brick courtyard and immediately adjacent to our church building sits the vestry house. The two-story building houses the sacristy, vestment closet, altar guild storage and accommodations for the choir. The vestry house can also serve as overflow seating and allows for viewing the service via a CCTV feed.
Our parish center was constructed in 1928 and renovated in 1981, 1995; and most recent, 2017. It is also located next door to the church and is well-suited for hosting numerous parish and community functions. The basement houses our church school classrooms and Outreach Food Pantry. The first floor serves as the main activity area and provides a kitchen with commercial grade appliances and extensive kitchenware as well as a large fellowship area with a capacity for over a dozen tables with chairs. The parish offices are housed on the second floor and include space for the rector and parish administrators, small conference area, as well as a comfortable library area suitable for meditation, study or private conversations.
A rectory is located next door to the church and vestry house. An additional small building is situated on Church Point Road across from the church. Constructed in the late 1800’s, it was previously occupied by the sexton and is currently utilized as a storage area.
A small wharf is located a short distance down Church Point Road and is presently leased for kayak rentals.