- John thanked Fr. Sam for taking the Sunday Services during his recent trip to visit family in Connecticut. In addition, our Sunday attendance is steady with a slight growth in numbers. We would like to see more people at Coffee Hours and more signups for Coffee hosting. Hosts can combine forces and work as teams, too! Plans are underway for special services on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- Senior Warden: No report, all is in order.
- Junior Warden: The back gate is repaired, recoated, and mounted. Mr. Hamilton is doing fine work. The next gate repair is on the sidewalk gate at Church Point Road.
- Treasurer: Our finances are in order. We are watching our budget closely and following our 2023 plan. Pledges for 2023 are coming in at 96%. Our 2024 Stewardship Campaign is winding down. We are happy to report 12 new pledge units but at this time, we are under our 2023 pledge amount. We are asking those who haven’t pledged, to consider helping us in 2024.
Vestry Liaison Reports:
- Food Pantry: Offering 80 turkeys for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We have a growing number of individuals and families now being served weekly. We are grateful have Outreach funds in place to serve those in need.
- Mission Committee: Busy planning 2024 budget and looking for more opportunities to help more people.
- Choir/Music: Plans are in place for the choir to perform in Advent and at our 7PM Christmas Eve Service.
- Coffee House: Last performance of 2023 is this Saturday at 7:30PM. We can use a few good people to help with set-up and take-down.
- ECW: The elections for new officers was held at their November meeting: Dru Torregrossa, President; Phyllis Doyle, Vice-President; Nancy Leizear, Recording Secretary; Andrea Pugh, Treasurer, and Directors are Kathy Mullen, Judy Coudon, and Wendy Gilbert. A budget is now in place for 2024 and by-laws updated. Christmas Cookie Walk is Dec. 2. Bakers are needed for this popular fund-raising event.
New Business: John Stemen is our new Food Pantry Community Resource person. He is traveling around the County talking with local schools and community organizations, accessing needs and determining how we can help.
As always, complete Vestry Minutes are available for all parishioners to read. Copies of the minutes can be found in our Parish Office Library. The next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, December 13 at 6:30 in the Parish Center.