Our Annual Parish Picnic will be held on Sunday, July 28th in our churchyard. The picnic will follow our Combined 10:00AM church service.
Hosts are needed for future coffee hours for both services but especially for the 10:00AM service coffee hour (11:15). Please check out the signup sheet in the Parish Center. Your hospitality is appreciated!
- Ken & Mary Blomquist donated an antique glass front bookcase and a side table.
- Linda & Larry Gibeck gave an antique oak meeting table and two chairs. Linda refinished the table and a desk (not pictured).
- Bob & Phyllis Doyle gave four wooden chairs.
- Robert Mosko, a professional cemetery restorer, straightened and repaired a number of historic gravestones. He also led a workshop to teach us how to continue the work.
- Rob Crouch and his son, Coale, donated an urn and planted flowers in the recently restored cradle planter gravestone near the church and vestry house.
- Larry and Linda Gibeck donated and planted two red rose bushes, in memory of Gertrude Gibeck, near our churchyard entrance.
- The Garden Committee (Sandy Taylor, Linda Gibeck and Vickie Schultheiss) continue to donate and plant flowers, and weed our flower beds.
- Permanent signage that welcomes visitors and stipulates a few gentle reminders are being created and will be in place this summer.
- Gary and Jane Crouch donated an American flag for the churchyard flagpole. It replaces the one that was stolen last week.
- Our Church School teachers and Youth Group leaders faithfully taught our children and youth this past year: Patty Wood, Barb England, Brandy Naughton, Jennifer Swoboda, Dawn Rodenbaugh, Marlene Coffey, Jill Holley, and Janice Flood. Church school will resume in September.
- Our Choir led us in song and worship this past year: Michael Brown, Sue Hocker, Rick Waterhouse, Dru Torregrossa, Mary Neureither, Dennis Miller, Donna Patchell, Dawn & Hannah Rodenbaugh, Barbro & Wayne Pollack, Chan Cosans and Carol Weisel. The choir will resume in September.
- Our Fellowship Committee, led by Donne Lewis, hosted a lovely Father’s Day celebration for our parish last week. French toast, assorted baked goods, and fruit, were just some of the delicious treats served that day. And speaking of treats, the men were surprised when they left church that morning and each received a gift–a roll of colored duct tape!
- Our ECW enjoyed their Annual Potluck Picnic this week thanks to the hospitality of Mary & Ken Blomquist.
- We have a new green altar banner representing Ordinary time and the Trinity. It was created by Karen Schaeffer.