The Vestry met on Wednesday evening, June 15. Here are the highlights:
- Father John thanked the Vestry and the Church family for allowing him and Karen to have the recent time off to refresh and renew. Fr. John stated that we have much to do and he is excited about our future.
- Senior Warden Mike Pugh reviewed the draft of the working document we’re calling “capital planning/church projects”. This work will allow us to identify, prioritize and estimate costs of large to medium size projects needing to be addressed over the next few years. Once we have this document finalized, we’ll release it to the Parish.
- Our Treasurer Barb England briefed us on our financial position. We are in a stable position. Although we have experienced a market loss with our church investments, we have confidence in the Diocesan Board of Managers who care for the Easton Episcopal Funds.
- Our Vestry liaison reports included an update on Outreach- all is well and we continue to serve those in need and are looking for ways to do more for our community in the near future. Mission- The Mission Committee serves an evening meal to the homeless in Elkton in partnership with the Paris Foundation. They can always use help to prepare, package and serve (see details above). The Mission Committee in cooperation with our Outreach office is sending out $30,000 to provide additional support to local and international charities to help in their time of need. Coffee House- The St. Mary Anne’s North Elk Coffee House music venue is back! The first concert will be July 16. We need 100% support from the congregation to make this entertaining and charitable event a success.
- Fellowship Committee- The Vestry is looking for a few people to lead the renewal of our Fellowship Committee. We’d like to plan a Parish Picnic, Sundae Sunday and other welcoming events.
Next Vestry meeting is July 20 at 6:30. Vestry minutes are available for review in the church office.