Water is a Blessing! We announce an exciting opportunity for our congregation! Our Mission Committee decided to partner with North East United Methodist Church and raise funds for clean water for villages in the Democratic Republic of Congo. This is an established and ongoing mission initiative for the United Methodist Church, which installed seven new wells in 2019 alone. The cost of a well is $13,000. Our parish goal is $2,000. Pastor Drew Christian, at NEUM, has a matching grant that will double our donations!
During Sunday’s Adult Forum, Rick Waterhouse, our Mission Committee Chairperson, will share with you the specifics of our goal to help a Congolese village. If you would like more information about the wells project, you can also join the NEUM Church congregation on Wednesday, March 18 at 7:00 pm. Jonathan and Donna Baker, missionaries who have worked in the Congo on this initiative, will speak about their experiences. Join us in loving our neighbors throughout the world this Lenten season!
How to donate? Our Mission Committee asks that you donate a “glass” of water to help. We will have donation cards, in the shape of a water glass, strung up in our Parish Hall.
- Take a “glass” and write on it the name of someone you are honoring
- Clip it to the lifeline in the Parish Hall
- Decide on a donation–its up to you!
- Write a check payable to St. Mary Anne’s with “Water Project” in the notation.
- Put your check in the offering plate or send to the church office. Or you can go online to our website and click on “Give Today”. When you make your donation online, type “Water Project” in the notes box.