As important part of the outreach of St. Mary Anne’s Church to the community, outside organizations may use the Parish Hall building. Usage must comply with the schedule of Parish Hall activities and be in accordance with policies, rules and regulations governing the Parish Hall’s use.
Any organization, group or individual that wishes to use St. Mary Anne’s Parish Hall, must obtain permission from the Church Administrator. The person in charge, and an alternate of the organization, must read and sign the Usage Agreement, and declare that they will take full responsibility for the conduct of all people under their charge while in the building.
The Agreement details decorating rules, kitchen check-lists, set-up and clean-up rules and expectations. Everyone that uses the Parish Hall is asked to help us maintain a neat and tidy facility so that everyone can enjoy it.
Potential renters will be asked to sign the Facilities Use and Agreement mentioned above, along with a Kitchen Usage Form, at the time of booking.
The following outlines specific rental policies:
Parish Hall Rental Policies & Procedures
- The St. Mary Anne (SMA) Parish Hall may be rented to parties of not more than 110 people as permitted by the Fire Code.
- SMA Parish Hall and kitchen rents for a standard fee of $300.00 for up to 6 hours, which includes set-up and cleaning time. $25.00 will be charged for each additional hour.
- SMA extends to its active members, who would like to rent the hall for family events, a special rate of $150.00. This special rate recognizes our active member’s personal ongoing support of the church. Active members are not assessed additional fees for more than 6 rental hours for a single event.
- Active members wishing to rent the hall on behalf of an organization to which they belong do not qualify for a “special rate”. The standard fee applies.
- Active members or community organizations or groups who organize and sponsor social or educational activities benefiting parishioners or the community at large (such as book clubs, dancing, arts, or music events), and charge a small fee for entry/drinks etc., may use the Parish Hall for these outreach activities. SMA charges a minimum of 10% of the money taken in to cover the very basic costs of the use of the hall.
- If the hall is rented under the “active member” rate, the contact person must be an active and contributing member and the agreement and accompanying papers signed by that member as the responsible party. Family members and relatives who are not active members of SMA do not quality for the reduced rate.
- SMA extends to community non-profit organizations the privilege of using the Parish Hall free of charge, as our contribution of support of such organizations. Donations to the Church and Outreach are accepted and encouraged.
- Although the Parish Hall may be rented by political organizations for rallies, fundraising and other events, SMA does not affiliate itself with such organizations and the standard fee applies in all cases regardless of the “member” status.
- A booking for the Parish Hall may be made over the phone and held for no more than 60 days or 30 days prior to the date of the event (whichever comes first). Receipt by SMA’s of the signed Booking Forms and Parish Hall Rental Agreement, as well as the fee in full (where applicable), is the only vehicle by which the Hall can be held.
- Agreements must be renewed and signed annually.
Approved and signed by the Vestry on June 25th, 2003